Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Patriotic Thank You

I had to make this card...it's my way of somehow showing my appreciation and thanking all those that risk their lives and their families. Thank you!
The idea was to tie a yellow ribbon around the tree, so I embossed the blue piece in a wood embossing folder and tied the ribbon around it.  I first punched out the stars from the top layer and then stamped the bottom layer. I used dimensionals to give it some depth.  The yellow "bursts" were made by using VersaMark and Daffodil Delight together.  I mixed clear embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds for a bit more shine.  Enjoy!
XOXO Gisela


7 comments:

  1. Gisela, this is a fantastic card! I just love the yellow bursts and the depth you added to the stars. Wonderful!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card to celebrate being patriotic. Thanks for joining our challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, great card! I love the addition of the Dazzling Diamonds to your fireworks, and the dimension to your stars. The ribbon around the 'tree' is a very nice touch!

    So glad you shared with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AWESOME! I love the yellow ribbon around the "tree" and the image panel looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is perfect, Gisela! Thanks for playing at the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Daffodil Fireworks and the stars are just perfect! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooooooooo! This is fanastic! I love thee dimeension in thee stars! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete